Let’s change the impact of mining on our natural environment together.
Hyperspectral Intelligence provides an enjoyable and rewarding remote work environment in a growing company. HII highly values our work-life balance and extends and expects the same from our colleagues. We believe diversity provides strength and we promote a respectful work environment.
Data Visualization Specialist
The Data Visualization Specialist is responsible for designing and developing visualization tools. Primary responsibilities include the data visualization tools for interacting with spectroscopic, geochemical, and geological data. Additional tasks include: 1) integration of existing data analysis tools into the visualization package; 2) updating and maintaining the status of customer projects; and 3) communicating cloud infrastructure problems to the development team. The Data Visualization/Scientist specialist will also form part of the development team automating tasks for optimal processing efficiency.
The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, experience working with technical scientific and/ or instrumental data, and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Working with the data processing team to design and develop visualization tools.
- Establish systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors in the visualization data.
- Monitor data and troubleshoot data-related problems and determine limitations in data reliability and usability.
- Assist in the documentation of all policies and procedures related to database visualization.
- Establish processes and pre-empt problems to ensure high quality data visualization and to automate such processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, data management, computer science, software engineering or related area of study, or an acceptable combination of work experience and a college diploma from a related field.
- Good working knowledge of: Cloud computing, Azure products, Linux operating systems and bash shell scripting, Python 3.0 (numpy, scipy, matplotlib).
- Demonstrated knowledge of visualization design and development, and data modeling.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with both technical and non-technical parts of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues in a team structure.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations, including any database related privacy laws.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and be able to work well independently as well as within a team.
How to apply
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today with a resume and covering letter including examples of demonstrated knowledge of 1) database management; 2) cloud infrastructure; and 3) automation of tasks; and 2 written references and 1 character reference.
If selected, you will be working from home. Residence in Canada is required and preference to those in or around Winnipeg or Vancouver.
Attention to Detail
Analytical and Critical Thinking
Salary: $70,000 per year
Term: February 2024 to July 31, 2024
Contingent on Grant Funding