Let’s change the impact of mining on our natural environment together.
Hyperspectral Intelligence provides an enjoyable and rewarding remote work environment in a growing company. HII highly values our work-life balance and extends and expects the same from our colleagues. We believe diversity provides strength and we promote a respectful work environment.
The Data Scientist/ Engineer is responsible for monitoring the work flow of customer data (spectroscopic and image) on Hyperspectral Intelligence Inc.’s cloud infrastructure. Primary responsibilities include the secure ingestion of customer data, quality control, monitoring automated processing and verification of customer deliverables. Additional tasks include: 1) updating and maintaining the status of customer projects; 2) communicating with customer operators on data types, sources, inquiries and any required corrective actions with incoming data; and 3) communicating cloud infrastructure problems to the development team. The Data Scientist/ Engineer will also form part of the development team automating tasks for optimal processing efficiency.
Manage the collection, storage, and organization of incoming spectroscopic and image data from customers.
Establish systems to identify, track, correct and prevent errors in the collection and process of data.
Monitor systems, respond to emergencies and troubleshoot data-related problems and determine limitations in data reliability and usability.
Establish processes and pre-empt problems to ensure high quality data collection and automate such processes.
Initialize cloud processing of all data collected and ensure timely production of reports.
Assist in the documentation of all policies and procedures related to database management and disaster recovery.
Provide training to customers and first level customer support on software and hardware issues relating to data collection.
- Bachelor’s degree in data management, computer science, software engineering or an acceptable combination of work experience and a college diploma from a related field.
- Good working knowledge of: Cloud computing, Azure products, Linux operating systems and bash shell scripting, Python 3.0 (numpy, scipy, matplotlib).
- Demonstrated knowledge of database design and analysis, client-server architecture and data modeling.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and translate technical concepts, think independently, and take the initiative required to resolve issues in a team structure.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
Experience working with technical scientific and/or instrumental data
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with both technical and non-technical parts of the organization.
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations, including any database related privacy law.
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-focused, and able to work well independently and in a team remote work environment.
How to apply
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply today with a covering letter including examples of working with (processing, analyzing) technical scientific and/or instrumental data.
If selected, you will be working from home. Residence in Canada is required and preference to those in or around Winnipeg or Vancouver.
Attention to Detail
Analytical and Critical Thinking